Resources for pet owners
Helpful Tips Documents for Download
The downloadable PDFs below are designed to help answer your most-asked questions about dogs and cats. Compiled by our veterinarians, trainers, and animal behavior experts, these handouts are easy to read and packed full of useful information.
- Body Language of Fear in Dogs [English]
- Brushing Your Dog’s Teeth [English]
- Canine Influenza [English | Español]
- Caring for Your Puppy [English]
- Dogs and Barking [English]
- Dogs and Digging [English]
- Escape Artist [English | Español]
- Hiking with Your Dog [English | Español]
- How to Crate Train Your Dog [English]
- How to Stop Your Dog from Chewing [English]
- Potty Training for Pooches [English | Español]
- Puppy Mouthing & Play Biting [English | Español]
- Separation Anxiety [English]
- Submissive Urination [English | Español]
- Water Safety Tips [English]
- When Dogs Are Left Alone [English | Español]
Did you know?
- Flea Facts [English | Español]
- Poisonous Foods [English | Español]
- Poisonous Plants List [English | Español]
- Positive Animal Introductions [English]
- Prior to Surrendering Pet [English | Español]
- Territorial Marking Behavior in Dogs & Cats [English]
- Visiting Your Veterinarian [English | Español]
- When Doggy Meets Kitty [English | Español]
Lost or Found Pets
In Santa Barbara County, all stray animals are housed at Santa Barbara County Animal Services.
If you have lost a pet:
Visit Santa Barbara County Animal Services to view photos of stray animals that have been impounded.
File a lost report at Santa Barbara County Animal Services
Post on Craigslist and any of these Facebook pages:
- Lost and Found Pets Santa Barbara County
- Lost & Found Pets 805
- SB Lost & Found Pet Resource and Network Group
- Lost, Found, and Adoptable Pets of Carpinteria
- SYV Lost/Found Pets
- Lost and Found Pets Nipomo California
If your pet is microchipped, go online or call the microchip company and ensure your contact information is up to date.
Once you are reunited with your pet, if he/she is not spayed/neutered or microchipped click here to make an appointment at one of our clinics.
Wondering when is the right time to say goodbye to a pet? These helpful resources from our friends at Lap of Love can provide insight.