Affordable & Humane
DOG TRAINING CLASSES
Choose a location to see the classes available.
Whether you have a shy dog, a dog that needs to brush up on his manners, or a dog triggered by everything around him, Santa Barbara Humane is ready to help with affordable training classes for your dog, from puppy to adult!
Our behavior team is trained and experienced in modern, humane training methods. We are 100-percent committed to reward-based, positive reinforcement training without the use of choke, shock, or pinch collars. As a result, the bond between you and your dog is strengthened as new skills and communication evolve.
If classes seem unaffordable or you have additional questions, we want to help. Financial assistance is available. You can reach us at [email protected] or 805-964-4777 ext. 226.
Important Class Information
What to bring to class
- Dogs must wear a flat collar or harness. Dogs MAY NOT wear choke chains, prong, or electronic collars (e-collars).
- A six-foot, non-retractable leash.
- A hungry, but not famished dog.
- Treats: A variety of your dog’s favorite treats, cut into very small pea-sized pieces that you can carry in a treat pouch that allows easy access when you are seated, standing, or walking. Please bring a variety of treats.
- A treat pouch that you can wear, which is easy to put your hand in and will not make noise when you grab a treat.
Policies & Guidelines
- To protect your dog and the other participants, adult dogs must be up to date on all vaccinations, including Distemper-Parvo, Bordetella (“Kennel Cough”), and Rabies. Leptospirosis and Canine Influenza (H3N2) vaccinations are recommended but not required.
- Puppies 8 weeks to 4-months must be in the process of getting fully vaccinated.
- Proof of vaccination is required upon registration.
- If your dog needs to be spayed or neutered or needs vaccines updated, you can make an appointment here.
- Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- At least one adult present for every child under the age of 14
- Attendees must wear closed-toed shoes.
- For classes at our Santa Barbara campus, please park in the back parking lot (South entrance). The front lot will close at 5:00 PM, and any cars parked in that lot will be closed in.
- Class participants must wear a face covering if not vaccinated
- Please practice social distancing and stay six feet from other participants
- No more than two people from each family group can attend class
- Please do not attend class if you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever or coughing